Pages

2011年6月6日 星期一

Dinner at Lenny & Joe's

Address:Family Restaurant--86 Boston Post Rd. Westbrook, CT 06498 (where we went.)
              Drive-In Restaurant--1301 Boston Post Rd, Madison, CT 06443
http://www.ljfishtale.com

After the great breakfast at the pantry, RCSIII and I went to do a little shopping with Steve and Elissa. And we also made dinner plan to have some fresh seafoods! Some real seafoods that's not just fried. (Thanks to Elissa for looking up the restaurant.)


When we arrived with our 4 empty stomachs, the line that was waiting outside of the restaurant was super long. We put down our name and went to the bar area and waited for about 30 mins (they all got some beer there). While we were waiting, I studied the menu! (I took it very seriously.)

Finally we were seated and they served their homemade bread immediately after we ordered our food. This bread was hot and soft, and RCSIII had to keep reminding me not to fill up my stomach with the bread since the goodies should be on out table soon.
For appetizer, RCSIII & I shared 6 pretty oysters!!! They were some real fresh oysters! I had such huge craving for it and I finally had them!
We also shared deep fried calamaris. Well, it's deep fried so you can imagine how it tasted. Good and greasy. 

Elissa ordered one crab cake and we all tried a little bit. It was good! Although deep fried, but had a lot more flavors.

Finally we got our main dishes:
(I did not take pictures of my friends' plates since we all were so hungry...)
So, here's mine: Mahi Mahi (served with coleslaw and your choice of red skin potatoes or fries).
The fish was very firm and tasty, the texture was almost like salmon but without the distinct taste. It went well with the coleslaw but I am not a big fan of the potatos since they were just potatos without any seasoning (unless you add some butter, salt and pepper). So I recommend to go for the fries on this one (and that's why I kept stealing fries from RCSIII's plate).
This place is very popular and in this same area also have lots of other seafood restaurants. My tummy was super satisfied especially I had that oyster appetizer!!! 




View Larger Map

2 則留言:

  1. Hi! I have to give this place a try now. Yum! Based on your other review, I'm going to Lena's in New Haven this Sunday. Hope it's as tasty as it looks!

    回覆刪除
  2. I hope you'll like both. (especially if you are a seafood and breakfast food lover!)

    回覆刪除

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message