Pages

2011年6月29日 星期三

Brunch at Clinton St. Baking Company

Address:4 Clinton St (between Avenue B & Houston St), New York, NY 10002
http://www.yelp.com/biz_redir?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clintonstreetbaking.com&src_bizid=nU4XBdvxDABXqZ6CnB8Dig&cachebuster=1309377539

Oh man! I really have to catch up on my posts. After my almost 3 hours group meeting today, I can finally relaxed a little and come back to my blog and food pictures again.


This is another brunch I went in NYC. And I went there with Kate & Laura (poor RCSIII had some serious business so couldn't join us.). It's my 2nd time visiting this place and I know it from the great review on yelp and the food network show when Bobby Flay throw down with this place's famous blueberry pancakes. During my last visit, I came with my parents. Three of us tried 4 dishes and finished them all (this is how my family eats). We of course ordered the famous blueberry pancakes, plus French toast, eggs Benedict, and something with biscuits. We liked them all but favor the sweet dishes more as you may find similar quality and tastes of the savory dishes in many other successful brunch restaurants. Between the two sweet dishes, my mom and I both agreed that the French toast is REALLY REALLY good and better than their famous bluberry pancakes!!!

Obviously, that's the reason I suggested Kate and Laura to come here and I can enjoy that French toast again!!! (YUM!!!)
It comes with two thick cut toast with pecan (oh YES!) and caramelized banana (oh YES YES!!!) on top with maple butter syrub on the side (oh my goodness!!!).

So many great elements (if you have sweet tooth)!!! However, even for a serious eater & sugar lover like me can get tired of the intense sweetness and that could prevent me from keep eating. When this happened, all you need is a ham steak! well...maybe just for me...but my point is you need to have something savory to counter balance the sweetness and that can get you keep going and continuously embracing the sugar. So, if you don't like ham steaks, bacons, sausages, eggs...etc should all work fine! 

A bite of ham, a bite of French toast!!! That was a perfect start for our morning! I highly recommend you to come here and try their sweet items!
By the way, we also ordered fried potato skin with Jalapeño sour cream!  Another little bit of something on the savory side, which makes a grate accompany with French toast.

FYI: Come here on a weekday morning or prepare yourself to be in line for ~30mins or longer (very possible).



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message