Pages

2012年4月23日 星期一

Brunch at The Corner Restaurant


Address: 105 River St, Milford, CT 06460
Website: http://thecornerbrunch.com

I absolutely love all my brunch pig out with KC. I think maybe because we both love eggs & breakfast sweet items plus we are both really lay back. We always end up just relax at my apartment later or shopping at a mall somewhere. We decided to try this new spot that I found on Yelp. It's not too far away from New Haven if you have a car.


When we got there, it kind of reminds me of a B&B dining hall with friendly staff running around. We had to wait for ~15 mins and were seated at the bar area (otherwise we'll have to wait even longer!). It's definitely not a modern brunch spot that you'll find in NYC, but I'll describe it cozy.
After we were seated, it took them awhile to come and take care of us, but they apologized for that. So we didn't really mind. The menu was full of classic brunch items and I remember they had some special at that time, but nothing to special to catch my eye. I was in a mood for savory breakfast, especially running egg yolk.

So I made up my mind pretty quickly. I ordered "Mushroom Eggs Benedict" -- Poached Eggs Over Portobello Mushroom & Fresh Sautéed Spinach On An English Muffin Topped With Hollandaise Sauce.
The Hollandaise sauce was fine, not great but not bad either. They gave you quite a bit of spinach (which is good) and sliced the portobello mushroom. I was imagining a whole cap of portobella, but this worked, too. Both of the egg yolks came out just right, tasted fresh and still runny. I finished both of them!

However, I'm not so crazy about their home fries. As you can see, it just looked kinda of sad on the plate. It looked so orange and got me to think that they were actually serving me sweet potato home fries in the beginning. (Was very excited.) But after I tasted it, it tasted just like normal potato home fries!!! I was pretty disappointed and it was that amazing. (no home fries I've tried can compare to the home fries at the pantry!!! I'm not kidding!) KC told me that the color might just be the excess amount of paprika they put in for seasoning. But it didn't do anything to it though...at least for the little bit I was served with, I could not taste paprika. To be honest, it just taste very blend and so I did not finish it.

KC ordered the "Tasso" -- Thinly Sliced, Spicy, Roasted Pork Wrapped In A Flour Tortilla With Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Tomato, And Cheddar Cheese.

It just looked pretty awesome to me when they brought up the plate since the wraps were standing on the plate, bot lying sown on it. (And the pork (bacon?) just looked so tall/long!)

KC gave me a small piece of pork and I really thought to myself...this is bacon, isn't it? But anyway, I think KC liked it and at least finished the wrap. You may wonder what happened to the sad looking salad and home fries on her plate. Well...she left them there for the restaurant to take care of.

One good thing about sitting at the bar area is that you get to see the kitchen bring out all the dished that other people ordered. Some of their sweet items looked pretty good. Perhaps if we ever came back, I'll switch to something sweet. But I don't think that we'll come back too soon though since it wasn't that great plus we had to drive further. I still like the pantry, Lena's cafe and Bella's Cafe better. Thanks KC for driving and pigging out with me!!!



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message