Pages

2011年6月15日 星期三

紅絲絨杯子蛋糕 Red Velvet Cupcake with Double Cream cheese Frosting

I have always wanted to try to make red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting! The combination of the two was just so great! I finally made and it turned pretty great for the cake part, but just alright for the double creamcheese frosting.



The reason it is called double cream cheese frosting is because when I first finished the frosting and asked RCSIII to give it a try, he claimed that it wasn't that cream cheesy. And I panicked and added in some more (almost doubled the amount as what the recipe suggested) cream cheese. Although it tasted cream cheesyER, I am not sure that's the  best recipe. So I am going to just write down the red velvet cake recipe and I think I'll definitely make more later with different frosting recipes. Hopefully I'll find one I like and come back and share that later.

For the Cupcake:
1. 1& 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2. 1/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
3. 1/2 tsp baking soda
4. 1/4 tsp salt
5. 1/4 cup of butter
6. 1/4 cup of oil
7. 1 cup of sugar
8. 2 eggs
9. 1/4 cup milk
10. 1/2 cup sour cream
11. 1/2 (1 ounce) bottle Red food color
12. 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set it aside.
3. Beat butter, oil and sugar in another cowl until light and fluffy. Then, beat in eggs one at a time follow by sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
4. Beat in the dry ingredients in 2. Do not overbeat.
5. Bake ~20-25 minutes for regular size cupcakes and ~10-15 minutes for mini cupcakes.



This recipe make ~15 regular cupcakes and 12 mini cupcakes. 
I love how the cake turned out and I think RCSIII liked it too!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message