Pages

2011年6月15日 星期三

Dinner at Cask Republic

Address:179 Crown Street, New Haven, CT 06510
http://thecaskrepublic.com/

I met so many beer lovers after I moved to New Haven. One of them is definitely RCSIII. Besides him, we also discovered Greg and his love for beer at our lunch table, although he only joins us when he remembers to eat at normal lunch hours.


We have been talking about this place for a while and we finally decided on a time that worked for everyone and made reservation. For me, I am more interested in the food they have but the boys are excited to see the beer selections. Since this is a bar, they have some generic bar food options with some more entrées that are more on the expensive side, which are not something I would usually order at a bar. Where there are beers (or coke), I always feel like a big meaty burger.

Here were what RCSIII and I ordered:
RCSIII had their Cask Republic Burger with Swiss Cheese (That's right! You have to pay $1.00 more for your cheese!)
I think he liked it, but for the dinner crews that ordered burgers, they (well...I think only Kate and RCSIII...and maybe Sarah?) all agreed that Prime 16 has better burgers! (I think so too and you don't have to pay extra for your cheese. And you can have sweet potato fries instead. AND with additional $0.50, you can have the popular, buttery, super delicious pretzel buns!! Highly recommend you all to try that!)

As for my self, I was between the Turkey Burger and the German Pretzel Sandwich. Finally, as a huge pretzel lover, I decided to be a little more advantageous and went with the Pretzel Sandwich. It was served with breaded deep  fried port cutlet, German sauerkraut and Chimay cheese sauce (on the side). By the way, I really then there was some mayo on the buns too, and I prefer without it. 
The pretzel bun was delicious. It was not too buttery like what you get at Prime 16, and is great with the cheese sauce. The deep fried port cutlet was pretty thin so it wasn't all that meaty. However, I think the star for this dish is really the pretzel buns. The bun to filling ratio is quiet the opposite from burgers. If you'd like to order this one, you better like pretzel a lot (just like me)! I bun was a little dry, but that why you need the cheesy sauce. 

I have to say I enjoyed it and finished all of it (not including the fries, since it was just some ordinary bar potato fries).

If you are here for beer, you might be pretty happy with their extensive beer list. Unfortunately I can't commend too much about that since all I know is that I like amber and wheat beer and dislike IPA or many others.




View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message