Pages

2011年5月31日 星期二

Breakfast at The Pantry

Address:2 Mechanic Street. New Haven, CT 06511-2638
No website available.

I love love love breakfast and brunch at the pantry. This is really the BEST place in town! I haven't been back there for a while (I used to go there every weekend, but lately have been busy sampling other places.) and it was still great!


I have tried almost everything on their menu: varieties of pancakes, omelette, varieties of eggs Benedict and French toast. I was not too crazy about the omelette since it's diner/open face style, but I do like the fact that you can actually add a little bit of everything in it. Let me see, I used to have tomato. spinach, onion, ham, bacon, mushroom, and 2 kinds of cheeses in my omelette there. However, what everyone should get if you have a craving for eggy breakfast should definitely order their Benedict selections. I have tried their normal Eggs Benedict (Canadian Bacon) plus variations like Eggs Blackstone (Bacon & grilled tomato), Eggs California (grilled tomato & avocado) and salmon Benedict (smocked salmon). And they are all good!!!

This morning, RCSIII and I decided to come here again, we get our usual: Eggs Blackstone (for RCSIII) & Eggs California (for me)! Yes, you can do that here!


I have to tell you that their home fries is also really good!!!! I usually don't finish it at brunch places, but I finished theirs!!! And that happened many many times!

Another great surprise is their today's special. They love to play with pancake flavors and I am always happy to try them out. Today we got "Carrot Cake Pancakes! With cream cheese frosting!" Definitely a GO GO! Although I love cream cheese frosting, but I do LOVE syrup & pancake, so I was a little worried that I won't be able to use syrup today. But I didn't have to worried about it at all!
The frosting wasn't that much so it's just a small nice touch of cream cheese, and you can go ahead and still eat your pancakes with syrup just like I did!

It's just like a real carrot cake but with really fresh carrot (hope you can see that) and lots of walnuts and raisins!!!That's was really good and I really hope that they'll have this special more often.

Other great special I've tried: Gingerbread pancakes with raisins, Fresh peach pancakes and Oatmeal Raisins. I want to collect them all! This is the place that I'll always go back as long as I am still at New Haven.



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message