Pages

2011年6月17日 星期五

蘋果派 Apple Pie

Although I have made apple pie many many times, I haven't made it after RCSIII and I started dating(and that was more than 14 months ago). The reason I didn't make it was because (1). I was too lazy too make the pie crust from scratch (2) RCSIII warned me that he almost dislike all the homemade apple pies by his family and friends. He claimed they all turned out too watery and the apples were under cook. (He likes McDonald's apple pie filling, if you'd like an example).


I finally decided to give it a shot. Although very nervous, but still excited. And OH MAN, it took me almost 4-5 hours to finish the whole thing (including the baking time). I used the recipe from "Williams Sonoma: Baking" and followed the procedures almost exactly (including making the pie pastry). Thus, there's no point of sharing the recipe here since you can easily look it up. (I can also typed it out if any readers would like me to.)

The recipe calls for 6 apples!! After thinly sliced them, it looked like I will have an overstuffed apple pie.

However, after putting them in th baking pan, they looked alright.
This is before I put it in the oven.
And after!
Finally, I am able to enjoy it. I like my apple pie warm and with ice cream (or cold soy milk). This is a great recipe as both RCSIII and I were very satisfied with the product. The apple filling made me feel like I am getting the fruit and fiber of the day but if I recalled the ingredients I used for the pie pastry...well...it's a dessert after all!
  

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message