Pages

2011年6月16日 星期四

Brunch at Chip's

Address:321 Boston Post Rd. Orange, CT
http://www.chipsrest.com/

This is RCSIII and my second time to come here for brunch. The first time was Mother's day weekend and that was the worse decision ever to come on that day since it was super crowded and we waited for about one hour.


 If you live in CT area, you might see their commercial on TV every once in a while and they have this song they play that always end up stuck in my head. It goes "Chip's family restaurant, best pancakes around! 40 great varieties, we'll never let you down! :)"

Well, I love breakfast and I love pancakes. I even enjoy IHOP which many foodies dislike (one major reason is that IHOP is a chain business)! After sining their commercial song for a while, RCSIII and I finally decide to check this place out. (Maybe RCSIII just couldn't stand me singing the song anymore and wish I'll shut up after we tried it out.) I didn't have my camera with me when I first visited this place,  and luckily we both had pretty good time eating here last time, so here we are...back for the second time!

This time, we still had to wait for a while, but it was only about 25 minutes. (Although I prefer 0 minute.) I have decided before we were seated that I am going to try their flavored pancakes (since we both got omelettes last time with just buttermilk pancakes.)

So I just ordered 2 eggs (white) scrambled with ham steak (real thick and huge!!! I loved it!) with 3 sweet potato pancakes!
The eggs were alright! I was trying to be a little healthier there before I hit the pancakes and ham. The sweet potato was real dense and smelled incredible!!! I am guessing that they used sweet potato puree in the batter and that make this pancake much denser, which I am okay with since I love the flavor!

I also love ham steak! And they were very generous with the portion.
I finished EVERYTHING!!!

RCSIII ordered the same thing, 2 scrambled eggs (regular), sausages and German apple pancakes. This time, there are no dense puree in the batter and the pancakes was fluffy!!! This pancake came with additional raspberry sauce, but I still prefer syrup. By the way, they use fresh apples.

This is not a fancy place, but the food was pretty good for that standard. I think I will come back for my 3rd or more times in the future. Also, I think this is a kids friendly restaurant! There were many families with kids or even babies there and the staffs were always friendly to help with anything they possibly need.



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message