Pages

2012年4月3日 星期二

Rocq Macaron

Website: http://macarons.rocqgroup.com/

This week was a little bit depressing for me. It might be the combination of a lot of things, such as some students gave me terrible attitude in the session, computer issues that resulted in not able to run some calculations and I am going to have a meeting tomorrow. I NEVER enjoy the meetings for many reasons...oh well...I shouldn't be complaining so much if I am doing something I love doing, isn't it? I know I know. Oh well...a girl is still need to pay the bills (tears) anyway, something worth celebrating was that our project got the first publication in PNAS. And plus I just got back my tax return, I went ahead and order those babies online. (since New Haven doesn't have any good French macaron places)


It was in a perfect condition when the package arrived (The box was even magnetic and cute!).

It was still cold and none of the macaron were crushed. I'll say that 98% of them were still very pretty and ready to be eaten.
I ordered two dozens of them and this package I ordered was three dollars more that the other options, but I can choose six flavors that I like, which I think that made a huge difference.
This will definitely be my go to online macaron from now on!
They are so delicious and I just really enjoyed all the flavors I ordered.

Matcha Green Tea -- I enjoyed it. Not overly sweet and with green tea flavor. However, I'd love it to be a little bit more bitter since I truly love matcha.
Coffee -- this one was delicious! Bitter and sweet. The coffee flavor hit you immediately and it was just what I was looking for.
Old fashion praline -- nutty and not too sweet, but I wasn't to excited about the chocolate-y filling. I was expecting even more nutty flavor.
Vanilla -- rich and creamy. Although not bad, but I have had better ones.
Chocolate orange confit -- the chocolate was rich and slightly bitter with a touch of fruity flavor. I am never a big fan of chocolate macaron or any fruity flavored macaron, but this combination turned out pretty great.
Pistachio -- it was good, but the flavor was just not strong enough for me. Well...this happened to many pistachio macaron that I have tried.

Overall, I am totally satisfy with this order and the quality of each macaron. If I don't make another trip to NYC again soon, I know what I should do now!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message