Pages

2012年3月29日 星期四

Brunch at Penelope

Address: 159 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY
Website: penelopenyc.com

YEAH!!! It's almost April!!! Which means that Spring is here and another step closer to my summer internship!!! I am so excited to do something different than MD simulation or FEP calculation or anything what I am currently doing in lab. Also, I am uber excited to EAT EAT EAT in Asia!!! Taiwan, Shanghai, and Japan, here I come. BUT, before then, I still have another ~2 months to go. Oh well... In the mean time, I guess I'll just to go NYC to satisfy my craving for yummy food for now.


I have been wanted to try this place for a while but always end up going somewhere else. I have heard that this place an adorable spot and their food definitely has an adorable smaller portion. The place is also popular on weekends especially for larger groups (according to yelp). I was in the city early and decided to go check it out. If I don't have to wait, I'll dine there by myself. If there's a long line, then I'll come back next time.

When I got there, there were people waiting outside. But I still tried and I was seated immediately at the bar. It was perfect for a single diner like me!

As usual, I already "studied" their menu and kind of know what I want before I sat down, but I still look through the menu. On weekend, this place has "burnch prix-fixe", which include Apple Cider Mimosa OR coffee/tea and juice with your brunch entrée.


So here I started with some water, grapefruit juice and coffee (free refill, of course). The entrée was served fairly quickly. I ordered "Salmon Wrapped Poached Eggs" -- Two farm fresh eggs wrapped in smoked salmon on black toast with green goddess dressing; Served with greens.

There were no major amount of sauce on top, but it was still rich enough with the fatty salmon and runny egg yolk. Two eggs were served per order and the salad just made this meal a bit healthier!

Both of the poached eggs were very successful! They were both runny and fresh! I would love to eat that again! Again, the portion wasn't huge, but the service was fast and friendly. The bartender was very busy but took care of everyone with refills and questions.

FYI, another two popular items on the menu are "Nutella French Toast
Three slices of french toast filled with warm chocolate hazelnut filling, dusted with powdered sugar; served with a side of fresh fruit." and "Pumpkin Waffles
With apple butter, dried cranberries, toasted cinnamon-cardamom pecans, and warm baked apples." Also, dining alone is so relaxing. I think I might start to do that more often!


View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message