Pages

2012年4月17日 星期二

Lucibello's --My favorite Italian Pastry Shop at New Haven

Address:935 Grand Ave., New Haven, CT 06511
Website: http://www.lucibellospastry.com

I tried to go to the Farmer's market here at New Haven on Saturday with my two heavy glass milk bottles that I still have from last year to return to the awesome diary vendor there, BUT.....there was no one there. Well...I guess this year's farmer's market hasn't started yet. (Hum...I thought it usually starts in April. Oh well.)


It was a nice walk anyway plus I got to stop at my favorite Italian pastry shop in New Haven, Lucibello's! It is nothing fancy about it, just some traditional cannoli with ricotta filling that I absolutely adore. There is a big competition here also at Wooster square right next to Pepe's, Libby's Italian pastry shop. Well...the ricotta there is just too sweet and taste a bit weird (maybe some people like that more?). Even though Libby's has a lot more sweets selections such as more cakes/cheesecakes, I normally just go for cannoli's when I go to any Italian pastry shops. (not their lobster tails, rum baba, french squares....etc)

The ricotta filling here is similar to the famous shop,  Venero, in New York. That's the taste I'm used to and I like the most. (But Venero has Italian style cheesecake, which they don't have here... boo!!) 

Today, as usual, I started with two ricotta filled canolli and then I spotted their cupcakes! Although it didn't look fancy at all, but since they put their ricotta filling on it as the filling & frosting, I just had to get one.

Let start with their cannoli:
The size of it is very big (although still not as big as Mike's Pastry in Boston, they are monsters!)
The shell was slightly crunchy/crispy but not messy when you bite into them. There were also mini chocolate chips in the ricotta filling!

Here is the cupcake! As you can see, there's nothing fancy with the cake! Just a vanilla cake with lots of ricotta filling & frosting. I immediately removed the blue stuff on top. (It obviously didn't do anything to the cupcake...not even make it prettier.)
 You can see that the frosting & the cake is about 1:1 ratio!

But here you can see that it's maybe 1:1.5 ratio. That's SO MUCH ricotta! To be honest, even I was a bit overwhelmed. Bur I still like this cupcake. It's like a caky version of cannoli! If you love the ricotta filling, these two goodies are both for you! Come and check it out when you have a chance!


View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message