Pages

2012年4月24日 星期二

Brunch at Thumbs Up -- Atlanta GA

Address: 573 Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, Georgia 30312
Website: http://thumbsupdiner.com

I came here with RCSIII during the Thanksgiving break last year, and I realized that I never wrote about it. If not because I was organizing the pictures I got in the computer, I would completely forgot about it. I had a long long facetime conversation with RCSIII this morning and I just miss him terribly. Driving from New Haven to GA was a fun trip for me (since I didn't have to drive), and I just think even though it's late, I should write down where we went.

This place is very close to Georgia Tech and apparently has 5 other locations in GA. We took the subway here and walked to this location. I have to admit that I did not enjoy the fast that everything was so far apart here in Atlanta!!! From the map, this place looked so close to the station but it took up ~30 mins to arrive here.
 
 
We didn't have to wait, but the place was still quite busy. You can check out their complete menu from here! We ordered coffee immediately after we sat down and slowly brows the menu. ( I had some funion earlier that day so that I won't be super cranky due to my hunger.)

I think RCSIII ordered this Omelette with some cheese and sausage. I was very surprised that he went with toast and not their mulitgrain biscuit (you can choose one of the two!).
Well...he finished it and there's really nothing you can do to mass up an omelette than made it too greasy or something. While the egg looked and tasted good, the toasts just look too boring for me.

For me, I also ordered a omelette with ham cheese, and some veggies. But I ordered their house-made multigrain biscuit and add a side of grits (I think I was so excited that I was at the south and told myself I have to have grits whenever I can).
Look at my plate! It just look much more fun than RCSIII's! Well...the grits was just tasted like grits, but it wasn't too buttery like the Waffle house's (hahaha. yeah, that's right! I had my 1st grits experience there with RCSIII, and it was SO BUTTERY!!!! The whole bowls looked really yellow.)

The omelette was pretty fluffy and not overly greasy!  Good Good Good!

Finally, I dig in to this biscuit! I was so looking forward to this and was very excited. I know it's not necessary the case, but I just felt like I was eating something healthier since it's multigrain (I know that's not equal to whole grain). It was warm, fluffy, soft and very buttery. It was delicious and I loved it.
 

Somehow I convinced RCSIII that we need to order something sweet ( I couldn't believe that he let me!).  So we shared just 1 slice of their French toast! It wasn't anything too fancy, but it was eggy and sweet. The toast was think and soft on the inside. I think it was a good decision that we ordered this.

I absolutely enjoyed the food here. I think I prepared myself that I'll be eating somewhat more unhealthy southern food and this wasn't that unhealthy as I was expected. So I felt better after eating so much and didn't feel as guilty after I put all of them in my belly (although I probably should...). Except the fact that we had to walk for a while to get here and it is somewhat a chain restaurant, I think I like this place quite a bit. May come back here if it's not too inconvenient to get here.

I like the south! YEAH~



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message