Pages

2012年4月9日 星期一

Bella's Cafe -- revisit for a Sweet Brunch

For the restaurant information, please see my previous visit here!

I wrote my 1st post almost a year ago and I came back today with KC to check out their sweet brunch items. It was the Easter weekend and in order to avoid waiting in line for too long, KC and I decided to go around 10:00AM!!! (well....I know that's not really "early"...)


When we arrived, we saw people waiting outside, but when we walked in and told them there were just two of us, we were seated right away. Lucky!!!

We started with our brunch beverages, coffee for me as usual and KC got a healthy start with orange juice...but then also got this Chailatte, which I didn't try, but I think KC liked it.(She finished it!)

Their brunch menu changes every week, which I really like when restaurants do that. Since I already studied (of course) their menu on Friday, it didn't take long for me to decide. Although the Benedict variations were VERY VERY attempting, I still remember my mission today is to came here to try one of their sweet brunch items.

I ordered "Stuffed French Toast" -- Cinnamon Raisin Toast stuffed with cream cheese and served with house-made blueberry ginger syrup.     
Oh man, this is a terrible picture. But at least you can see that I was served with three cute sandwiches.
I do like the flavor a lot. But it could have been better if the toast is a little thicker. I think I love Challah bread or Baguette used as the French toast base than this kind. But anyway, as for the flavor, it was pretty good, and SWEET (of course!). I do like the blueberry ginger syrup a lot. It was delicious and the ginger was definitely there!

It was overall pretty good, but so far, no stuffed French Toast can compare with the one I've had at Sabrina's in Philly. (If you haven't check that out, you should do it now! It was magnificent!) But if you are in New Haven and you really crave some stuffed French toast, you can pay this place a visit. It's a pretty good brunch spot around here.

KC went for the Philly Cheesecake Omelette. I also didn't try, but I have had their omelettes before. I remembered that it was yummy! Except that the toasts and the home fries were really just so so, and KC agreed. (Oh, I am also comparing the home fries to the one I had at The Pantry, which is the best so far among all the brunch places I've tried.)

The one KC had did look like it's full of filling (steak!). They were definitely generous with that. 
I think the food here is above average, but a little bit too expensive for what you are getting. They charge additional for almost all substitutions, so just be aware of that. Also our waiter was no where to be found after he delivered our food, and I was pretty upset that it took forever for someone (apparently not our waiter) to refill my coffee. Oh, don't mess with my morning coffee, please!!! With that being said, I was glad that KC was with me to calm me down.

I think I might need to come back and proofread this post later sine I am now watching Big Rich Taxes and it was kind of interesting and therefore, distracting. So many crazy dramas that I just can't believe those people can pull off in the show.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message