Pages

2012年4月18日 星期三

Lunch at Consiglios -- 2012 NH Spring RW

Address: 165 Wooster Street  New Haven, CT 06511
Website: http://www.consiglios.com

I am always excited about restaurant week (RW), doesn't matter what time of the year and what city I'm at. Although this year's RW price is more expensive, $18 for lunch & $32 for dinner, I still think it's a pretty good opportunity to try new places in town and catch up with friends. Sahr and I planned this meal about 2 weeks ago and both of us were starving on our way there (Oh well...maybe just me...) I have to apologize to  her a little bit here since I couldn't really focuse on talking to her on the Yale shuttle...I think my blood sugar level was too low....too hungry to do anything at all...sorry girl....I was not being a nice friend then.


Here goes their menu for the 2012 RW lunch (I'm not sure how the dinner menu is different from this one):
 (Will try to include this in the future! Menu & Price!)

Anyway, we finally got there and they seated us right away. The restaurant was not too packed but I still would recommend a reservation. Our waitress was very very friendly and brought us water and bread right away even before we place our order! (yeah! That's just what I need!) 
There's nothing too special about the bread, but it was warm and crispy on the outside and super soft on the inside and served with a super cute bottle of EVOO and parmesan cheese. I dipped my bread in to EVOO and topped with the cheese, and OH!!! So salty and delicious! That really calmed me down a little bit and soothed my hunger by just a tiny bit, enough to make me make up my mind for what I should order.

Sahr and I ended up ordering exactly the same things for all three courses (NO! We were not copy each other!) Well...I was going to order their Homemade Cavatelli and Braciole, but the waitress told me that the last piece of braciole were just served... (WHAT!!!) But can replace that with meatballs.(Who wants that!!!) So I ended up order the lobster ravioli with shrimp.

We both got this healthy serving of fried calamari with marinara sauce on the side as our first course! I think we both loved it! I think it was today's number one! (Champion!!!) (But I still like the one at "The Daily Catch" in Boston better) We both finished the whole thing!

Here's the entree: Lobster Ravioli with shrimp in Vodka sauce. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed since there were only 3 raviolis and ONE shrimp! Well...the menu does just say "shrimp", not "shrimps"... oh come on... The broccoli was also  a it too small looking...they just look sad on the plate.

Here is the filling of the ravioli. You can see the small lobster pieces, but Sahr thinks that the lobster pieces were a bit too tough for her liking. Oh and since she said that, I'm also going to be honest, I think the vodka sauce was a bit too salty for my liking. But with that being said, we both finished it plus we asked for more bread.

OH YEAH! It's dessert time! OH NO!!! It's our least favorite course here! Again, we both ordered the "GODIVA Tiramisu". First of all, I didn't understand what's the point of putting a ladyfinger on top like that. It didn't make the dessert look better and certainly didn't make it taste better. It was very confusing that the chief did this, what does he/she want to bring to the customers?
The mascarpone cheese top tasted okay (I don't think they used solid mascarpone...) and the bottom layer of ladyfingers were soaked with some SUPER STRONG COFFEE LIQUEUR or something. I was to bitter for me to finish...I only finished the cheese topping with the top layer of ladyfingers...

Sorry that I couldn't clean up the plate.

I think overall we had a great time here. The restaurant wasn't too noisy and people were very friendly. Their regular menu was pretty affordable. If the weather is good, I don't mind to go back down here again! (Plus you get to go to the Wooster Sq. Park!)



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message