Pages

2012年3月19日 星期一

ChikaLicious Dessert Bar 極品起司蛋糕

Address: 203 East 10th Street, New York, NY 10003-7636
Website: http://www.chikalicious.com/

If you are interested in dessert salon (dessert bar), this is a place you have to try in NYC. After having some crazy awesome experience at Toshi Yoroizuka's dessert salon in Japan, I found myself loving this kind of dining experience. At that time, Chef. Yoroizuka was there making my desserts and  they tasted delicious. (yes, desserts! I went back twice in 5 days and tried total 4 desserts!!!...well, I did have a friend there to share the sweets with.). I think the fact that you can see the chef making the dessert actually made the sweet tastes better.


Chikalicious is also a place like this. Chika (chef and owner) was there it was just fun watching them working on our dessert. I went with my friend Sam, who recently moved to NYC with her boyfriend. And for two girls that want to catch up and indulge with something a bit special, this is a perfect spot. There weren't that many seats in the restaurant, but since we were their 1st costumers of  the day, we get to choose whereever we want to sit.

We both ordered their dessert prix fixe ($16), it's a three course treat that includes Amuse, Choice of Dessert and Petits Fours. You can also do wine paring with your dessert for an additional $8.00.
The amuse we had was espresso jello & coconut sorbet. (Although I hate coconut flavored everything, this was pretty good). I like the combination flavors of the two. The portion was very small but enough to prepare you for your sweet feast!  
As you can see, it wasn't much at all. But isn't that the French/Japanese spirit?! I didn't mind that at all!!!
This it comes the entree. I ordered "Fromage Blanc Island "Cheese Cake". It was haven!!! The cheese was not the usual NY style or Italian style that you'll fine anywhere. This was one of a kind! It was rich but also so light. It melts in my mouth leaving the milky, cheesy flavors linger around. (The rich milky after taste was a bit similar to Lady M's Mont Blanc  fresh cream filling). It was chilled and pure white. There was no other garnish, but it was great enough on its own. Oh, I also though the portion was pretty generous.
Finally, they brought out the petite four, the vanilla shortbread, dark chocolate truffles and coconut marshmallows. They were all delicious and my favorite was the marshmallows. Although coconut is really not my favorite, but the texture of fresh marshmallow was just so decadent and lovely. I will keep eating it if you keep feeding me with that (even with the coconut flakes on it). 
The service was really good. We were there for almost 2 and 1/2 hours and they just keep filling our water cups. The place was so adorable! Perfect for a girl's afternoon tea out or a sassy date night (with wine paring, of course).

FYI, they have a Chikalicious dessert club right across the street, where you can buy desserts to go like macarons, cupcakes...etc. Many people missed the dessert bar and thought there's only dessert club and only take out some desserts from the club store. (I did that on my very 1st visit also.) The two places are both owned by Chika and have different products. Make sure you check both places out!


View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message