Pages

2011年5月18日 星期三

Dinner at Bespoke


Address:266 College Street, New Haven, CT 06510
http://www.bespokenewhaven.com/

Okay, there are not that many great restaurants in New Haven than in New York City, but this is not going to stop me from eating out and searching for good restaurants and amazing food. This time, we were celebrating Angela's birthday at this modern American restaurant at downtown New Haven. This was my second time coming here.
Rob and I came here once for New Haven restaurant week before. The previous dining experience was pretty good but the dessert was a bit weak (overly sweet).Anyway, there were more Taiwanese Yale girls (including Andrew and Ted) at the restaurant for the birthday event.

We soon decided on our order. Rob and I shared an appetizer (see 1st picture above): Duck Confit Pancake. We both loved it. It was really nicely done and the duck was so tender and flavorful.
For the main course, Rob ordered the Salmon:
I think he liked it. I tried it but I was not in a salmon mood, so it didn't really work for me. However, I am also in a seafood kick, so I ordered Cod, and it came with miso soba.
I have to say that I liked the cod, but the miso soba was just some ordinary miso soba. Too ordinary that I think I can easily make at home. And I didn't think the soba was the best choice as the side of cod. But I still enjoyed my dinner a lot though, especially when with friends.
Finally, the desserts: Rob and I shared the angel cake with caramelized banana and some other small decorations. It was good, the cake was light and much better than our first experience.
Here is what Andrew ordered, the world's most expensive fried dough! It was $9.00!!!
I guess you just need to make the doughs smaller and come up with a better presentation, then you can serve it in a restaurant and charge a lot more than it should. Although expensive, it was still yummy!


View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message