Pages

2011年5月20日 星期五

Brunch at Lena's Cafe & Confections


Address:873 Whalley Avenue New Haven, CT
http://www.lenascafeandconfections.com/

Today's brunch partner is KC!!! Thanks a lot for driving! We planed on going shopping at the Westfarm mall today and before we start, we would like to fill our stomach with delicious brunch item so we can walk forever in the mall!!!


I have been to almost all the possible brunch places at downtown New Haven within walking distance and am eager to explore more. Thanks to KC that we can let her car take us somewhere a little bit farther.

We originally dicided to go to Bella's cafe, but we had to wait outside and it was super hot when we stepped in the store. So we went across the street and checked out Lena's menu. The place is much bigger than Bella's and the menu also looked pretty good (their yelps reviews are both pretty good), so we thought we'll give Lena's a try.

It was great that we could actually wait inside in their sofa waiting zone with coffee. Their coffee & tea are bottomless and there are 8 different kinds of coffee to choose from. I had some Hazelnut coffee and it was delicious. For a non-coffee drinker (or not a big one), KC had some tea and there are many tea bags you can choose from. This is a self service area. We then took a little rest on the sofa and right next to the waiting zone is their small bakery.

I looked (studied) them carefully and the portions were all so large with very very sweet prices. If I didn't end up ordering sweet brunch item, I was seriously thinking about out take some cupcakes and mini cheesecakes.
But anyway, because there are a lot of people recommended their french toast, KC end up ordering their: Extra thick Challah bread french toast with fresh sautéed cinnamon apple slices served with maple syrup & butter. 
I took couple bits of KC's order and it was really good. The huge portion made me smile and I love the thick bread texture.
As for myself, I ordered their:French Toast Soufflé. It is layered with challah bread and white bread with cinnamon and egg custard. It was warm and really really good. Although the texture is not like a traditional french soufflé but almost bread pudding like. But still really delicious.    
Both of us enjoyed our brunch and we both have leftovers. I think I couldn't finish it because I need something savory like eggs or ham in order to keep going. Overall, it was pretty good. I would recommend people to come here and order their french toast selections.



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message