Pages

2011年5月19日 星期四

伯爵茶杯蛋糕 Earl Grey Cupcake with Earl Grey Tea Honey Frosting

I haven't baked for real for a while. My sweet tooth was settled with my super simple brownie for a long time and not until recently I've decided to bake something special again.
I had so much browines baked by KC, super moist chocolate made by RCSIII & Kate and 6 great cupcakes from crumbs for my birthday and the following 2 weeks. Now I am out of sweet dessert at my apartment (don't tell me I can just go for ice cream!!! I want more than that...like ice cream with something else), so I want to make some more sweets to satisfy my sweet tooth. I know I want to make something cakey since that's one of my favorite type of dessert. Then, I have to decided on the flavor.

I didn't want to make something too similar to what I just had from my sweet birthday collections, so chocolate, vinella, beanut butter and a lot more are all out. Then I looked at my pentry and found the Earl Grey Tea Honey, which I never really used it but still bought it since I love earl grey so much. I immediate decided to make something with Earl Grey flavor. Finally, I decided to make Earl Grey Cupcakes with Earl Grey Tea Honey Frosting!!

For the Cupcake:
1. 1/2 cup milk
2. Earl Grey Tea (~3/4 Tbsp)
3. 1/2 cup butter (I used salted butter.)
4. 1 cup sugar* ( I used 1/3 cup of "black sugar" and 2/3 cup of normal white sugar)
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 & 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
7. 2 & 1/4 tsp baking powder
8. 1/2 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven 350. Heat milk and tea together on the stove until it is almost milk tea like and let it sit aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then, add in eggs one at a time and continue beating until thoroughly combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder, salt, milk tea (including the tea leaves) and mix together with 2.
4. Line cupcake pan and bake ~20-25 min for regular size cupcakes and ~15 min for mini size.

This recipe make  12 regular cupcakes and 10 mini cupcakes for me.
*It really makes a different if you substituted part of your sugar with brown sugar. Here I used "black sugar", which is darker than brown sugar (I brought it with me from Taiwan). Black sugar is very popular in Asia, especially Taiwan & Japan. It is kind of  like the combination of brown sugar and caramel and is super delicious. My mom and grandma always tell me to drink hot (warm) black sugar water during girl's period can help soothing the stomach cramp. (I don't know how true that is, but the hot black sugar water is pretty good. You can also try to make black sugar milk tea! And that's truly yummy!)

For the Frosting:
1. 1/2 butter
2. 1 & 1/2 powdered sugar
3. 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Earl Grey Tea Honey ( I purchased from my favorite tea shop "Lupicia")
This recipe only make thin to medium amount of frosting. If you prefer more frosting like a lot of those store bought cupcakes, you should definitely double this recipe.

1. Mix butter and powdered sugar thoroughly.
2. Add in Tea Honey and mix well.
3. Frost the cupcakes after they are cooled.

Personally I really love this recipe and as well as RSCIII! We both are earl grey lovers! This is very exciting to incorporate tea flavor in my baking and I am inspired to make more tea desserts!

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message