Pages

2011年5月22日 星期日

Brunch at Bella's Cafe (and Tom Hanks!!!)

Address:896 Whalley Avenue, New Haven, CT
http://www.bellascafect.com/

Yes! Sunday brunch time with RCSIII!!! I was so excited about this weekly event we do together before we do some crazy physical workout moving stuff out of RCSIII's apartment. However, we were not going to do that after our brunch today! Instead, we were going to meet up with Kate & Laura and go to see Tom Hanks for the 2011 class day at Yale.


But before all other activities for the rest of the day, we had to fill up our tummies first. We decided to try somewhere we both have never gone before, and that's Bella's cafe (if the wait was not too bad). Although we didn't wait for a long time to be seated, after we ordered and had our coffee served, we waited forever until the waiter finally brought out our food.

RCSIII ordered: Bella's Benedict ($11.95).  It is smoked pork steak (basically just a goog thick cut of ham steak) over English muffins with poached eggs and our freshly made Hollandaise sauce.
It came with their home fries and that was good! Almost as good as the pantry's famous home fries but some of the pieces were too big for me( I love crispy home fries pieces and that usually happens more when they cut the potato smaller). The Benedict part was really good, but I think there was only 1 large slice of ham positioned on top and between the two English muffins. (I want two!!!!!)
Another part I love about Eggs Benedict is the Hollandaise sauce. And they did a good job making it. FYI: RCSIII liked it.

I was going to order Bella's Benedict, but RCSIII decided 2 seconds earlier than me, so I had to try something else. Here's what I finally decided: Bayou Omelette ($14.95), and it has spicy Andouille sausage (this was very delicious, not greasy but a bit spicy!), peppers, onions, grilled Shrimp (they are pretty generous with this!), oven-dried tomato and Cheddar cheese. I ended up liking it a lot (so did RCSIII). According to RCSIII, he said that you can taste the shrimpy flavor first and then the spiciness from the sausage! So complex and so good!   

I hope you can see the shrimps inside the eggs.
It came with toasts and home fries. The serving was more than enough for me. I left the place happy and super stuffed.
This place is more on the pricier side. Considering the amount of money we spent, (if you can get up early enough to avoid the long line) we can perhaps get the same quality of food from the pantry but with better price. (I still love the pantry a lot!) But anyway, it was interesting to try out somewhere new. 

Finally, I'd like to end today's post with Tom Hanks!!!

without glasses

 
with his reading glasses on
Now I think I should definitely try to watch Forrest Gump. (oh no..it's so embarrassing to admit that I've never watched it before.)


View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message