Pages

2011年5月21日 星期六

Dinner at SOBAKOH


Address:# 309 E 5th St, New York NY10003 40.726747 -73.988296
No Website!!!

After lunch at Totto ramen, we are still in a Japanese kick today and we decided to go to a soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles) restaurant for dinner. This time, Yvette & William joined us. After we were seated, we all quickly decided to order their $30.00 prix fixe menu. The prix fixe is a great deal compare to ordered the entrée and other things separately since most soba entrée cost ~$18.00. Go for the prix fix!!!


We had some problem with the waiter since his English has some really really strong accent. But other than that, the service was okay. (Not that great, but just okay.) Now, let me walk you through the prix fixe courses I ordered:

Course #1: Soba tofu/ miso chicken/ vegetable & some soy product (I think...)
Zoom in the soba tofu! I love it! Or I should say I love tofu in general.

Course #2: Eel Sushi (Kansei style?? by Yvette & I kind of think so too)
To be honest, I was not a big fan of this. However, even though it was not super, but it was not terrible either. I still finished it all.

Course #3: Japanese Grilled Silver Cod
I didn't think we'll get cod. This is a pretty good surprise. The fish was fatty and the sake flavor really cam through.

Course #4: Tororo Soba (salmon egg soba) -- This is the main soba dish
Yes! Salmon egg!!! This is a non-dipping required cold soba. The cold sauce cam on the side and you pore that in the bowl when you are ready!!! ( You can ask for more sauce!) The portion was so big that I failed to fish the soba part but I did fish out all the salmon eggs. The homemade soba was really good!

Course #5: Dessert -- Black Sesame Pudding
My favorite Asian dessert flavors: mocha/asian green tea, black sesame, soy bean, red bean past, taro, and other Asain teas. In this place, they almost got them all. Since I was not in an ice cream mood, I ordered the pudding. The serving was huge, but I still tried very very hard and finished it! Good!

This place is really tiny and more on the pricier side. After a pig out day with my old friends, I headed back to New Haven with bunch of sweets as usual, 4 cupcakes from butter lane, 2 cupcakes from chikalicious and 2 mini cakes from black hound. I highly recommend anyone who likes sweet food to try these three places out! It was a bit sad saying good bye this time and I hope nothing can stop up pig out together forever! Oh man, good luck for Vinci & William for JH, for Y for singing the national anthem perfectly and for myself for graduating grad school in the next 3 years!!! Dear Y, I hope we eat brunch sometimes again!!! (or burgers!) 



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message