Pages

2010年8月22日 星期日

[早午餐] Brunch at Little Giant

Address:85 Orchard Street, New York NY 10002
http://littlegiantnyc.com

Again and again! It is "come to NYC to have brunch with friends" time again! Today, I am going to challenge "French Toast" and we have already decided on coming to "Little Giant" after we read about their baked french toast! It didn't take long for us(me) to order since I have decided before I came.
Here's the Baked French Toast ($14) that I've been dying to try:

SUPER DELICIOUS!The toasts were very thick and dense. It starts with four thick slices of homemade Pullman bread—one of the only ways to improve upon challah. Soaked through on the inside, crisped on the outside, it's a wonderful base for sweet and sticky caramel toffee sauce, bananas, and the pièce de résistance: a scoop of banana gelato. (see http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2010/03/the-brunch-dish-baked-french-toast-at-little-giant-lower-east-side-manhattan.html)
I woulde like to let you know that the portion is actually huge although it didn't look like it is. It's mainly because the thick toasts are completely soaked and became super dence (and yummy) after baking. Even I couldn't finish the whole plate.
Also, in the end I started to wish that I can have something savory to go with it. BUT I still like it a lot.
This is what Vinci ordered (switched from her original plan, french toast) Kobe Beef Steak and Egg ($18??):
Originally wanted to also try French Toast, however, Vinci was attracted by the key word "Kobe Beef" and changed her mind to order this item from today's special meu. It was really great plus it came with fresh tomatos in many different colors. It was really refreshing but Vinci was allergic to one of the weird color tomato and her lips were swollen about 3 times thicker and very bloody red! But she still didn't regret ordering this.
Finally,Yvette ordered Pig in a Poke ($13):
crock of creamy stone ground grits topped with two poached eggs & andouille sausage, mixed greens. I tried a little bit and it was also my first time eating grits. I have to say, it was some fancy porrage!
I think I still like my French Toast the most!

See Bigger Map


沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message