Pages

2009年11月28日 星期六

[早午餐] Brunch at Corner Shop Cafe


I ordered:Portobella Florentine ($10)





http://www.cornershopcafe.com/
Address:643 Broadway New York, NY 10012

I love dining at NYC and I also love brunch/breakfast. Today, Vinci andI decided to come to this "Corner Shop Cafe" for their Saturday brunch. We arrived around noon and the place was full of people. However, we did not wait for too long until the next 2 people seats are avaliable.
I ordered coffee immediately since my head was acheing so bad and I love coffee. The coffee was just okay since it was a bit too nutty for me. But I have to add some points to the fact that they serve the whole pot of it plus a big big RED coffee mug! Who doesn't like big red coffee mugs?Here, I have to complain a little bit about the tables. It was way too small! Although it can easily bring you and your dining partner closer (if you wish) together physically, it was so small that I don't know how are they going to fit everything on the table. Somehow they did it, but I was so nervous throughout my brunch.


Please allow me to express how much I loved it!Portobella was super juicy, meaty, and very very sweet! They used this instead of English Muffin, plus spinich, tomato, and egg yolk, I could not ask for more!So light and fresh! Oh...but if you wanted to have meat, you probabily should order something else.

About the sides: salad and potato, they were just okay. The salad was fresh but with some very common vinaigrette, nothing too special about it.Potato was a little better(Vinci like it?). But I think the portion for it was way too much compare to others. I felt really board after couple bites.
Vinci ordered:Vegetable Omelette ($8)

Although there were quite a bit of vegetables in it, I think it was just okay.Hahaha, I have to say that I used to collect omelettes from different places. That's right, if you want, you can call me Miss omelettes!!! The omelettes here is really not too great. Perhaps less greasy than many other places, especially compare to diners. Also, the sides are the same, that was not very interesting.
Finally, I would like to emphasis that the over all portions here are kind of small. If you have a serious appetite like Adam Richman, you will need to go eat somewhere and eat more after this.


See Bigger MAP

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message