Pages

2011年11月18日 星期五

New Haven Restaurant Week 2011 Fall -- Lunch at Christopher Martin

Address:860 State Street  New Haven, CT 06511

This is my second stop for this year's restaurant. I came here with RCSIII for lunch and it was our first time there.


The waiter was very helpful and nice and the lunch bread was served immediately right after we placed our order along with some olive oil.
There's nothing too special about the bread and the olive oil, and RCSIII and I both just had a small piece since we are prepared for our real lunch.

For the appetizer, RCSIII ordered "Butternut Squash Ravioli" and this was served with candied Pecans in a Fresh Sage Cream with Shaved Parmesan.
It was delicious!
And I ordered "French Onion Soup" with aged Sherry and Connecticut made Vivace Bambino Cheese. Oh it was really nice and comforting! I enjoyed it a lot!

Then, the main courses were served. RCSIII ordered "Grilled Atlantic Salmon with a Honey, Miso Glaze" served over an Asian Vegetable Fried.
Since I am still salmon-out at the moment, I only tried a little bit. Oh well...it's very salmon-y.

For me, I ordered "Cuban Sirloin" served with a spicy Pepper, Tomato, Mushroom and Onion Pico de Gallo with Mashed Potatoes and fried Plantains.
The steak was YUMMY!!! It's done medium rare, just what I asked for! However, the potato was just okay for me, but RCSIII likes it. So it turned out that he kept eating the potato from my place and I kept eating the fried rice off his. I guess Asian and he is American after all!

For dessert, RCSIII went for a "White Chocolate Mousse" topped with Chocolate Ganache. It was good, but I'm never a mousse fan.
And I went for Creme Brule, a very classic Vanilla infused custard topped with caramelized sugar. Well...it's hard to go wrong with it, isn't it. Oh, one shour note here, the portion is relative big compare to many other restaurants.
The food was pretty decent for the price we were paying. The normal menu also looked interesting with friendly price. The service was good and the waiter did a good job that made you think the food is going to be delicious there and that got me pretty excited. Not a bad place to check out!

 

View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message