Pages

2009年11月24日 星期二

[早午餐] Brunch at Sarabeth's



Address:40 Central Park SNew York, NY 10019
http://www.sarabethscps.com/

Today's brunch experience was not with Vinci nor Yvette but with a friend from Grinnell, Hideyuki san. He picked the place and since we plan to go for brunch, and I was really excited about it.
There is usually a long line for Sarabeth's whenever you go, but today we were seated almost immediately! Lucky! (Oh! Maybe Hideyuki san made reservation?)
As usual, I started with black coffee. (It was great that you get free refill there.) It was a bit too nutty for me, but still pretty nice.
When I was studying the menu,Hideyuki san told me that their omelette is quite famous. So I made up my mind pretty quickly on spinach & goat cheese omelette. Although sweet breakfast is still very attempting, but I felt like some eggs this morning.
It's here!spinach & goat cheese omelette with Scone served with butter and homemade orange marmalade ($13)
I loved this omelette at first sight.Because they baked the omelette instead of pan frying it (just like the original pancake house's omelette. I love it because it's not so greasy(I think...),and it was super puffy and soft. It was my favorite omelette texture. Plus, there are a lot of healthy green spinach (you can see it!) I can't wait to taste it to find out whether it's going to be as good as the original pancake house.
I started from the left. The eggy part of the omelette was super moist and soft. Very very successful and seriously delicious! Great texture, too!
Couple more bites, I've reached the goat cheese zone!So much cheese! Sarabeth's was so generous.
Another love of mine is the scone here. The scone on the side was a pretty nice size and it was plain/butter flavored (smelled very buttery, which I love) with tiny raisins in it.
The scone was not warm when they brought up the dish, but if the scone is good enough, I think I can still enjoy it when it's cold. Besides, what you eat with the scone is also very important. The scone itself wasn't too sweet, so it went really with the homemade orange marmalade. I am not a big jam person, but if it is homemade with lots of fruits that I can see in it (not just sugary sweet), I will still give it a try. The combination of the scone and sweet marmalade was great, and when I switch to butter, it was really awesome
The marmalade was really nice. You can also buy it from the store.
Oh my oh my! The dining experience was so great. I want to come back here again! My favorite omelette in the east coast!!!
Finally, here's what Hideyuki san ordered, Garden omelette ($13.25).

It also came with a scone. It is a bit less exciting than mine (I have to say this) since there's no filling that you'll get to like my goat cheese surprise.

See Bigger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message