Pages

2009年11月26日 星期四

[餐廳週] Lunch at Le Cirque


Address:151 E 58th St(between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave) New York, NY 10022
http://www.lecirque.com/

Perhaps it was lunch and the day before thanksgiving, the restaurant was quite empty when we were there. After we sat down, the bread basket was served right away.


The bread basket is a MUST!!!I was very hungry so I tried all different ones.There are: olive bread sticks,Oat Rolls, Cranberry breads, plain bread sticks.(I think.) or something like that. All of them tasted okay, after all, we are not here for breads. Our waiter was very nice and explained/recommend what were on the menu. We all went for the 3 courses prix fixe.
First course:
I ordered:Cheese Soufflé (comes with a green salad)

This is the salad that came with the cheese souffle. There was nothing special about the salad except it was pretty fresh. But it was pretty nice to have it on the side with cheese souffle. It was really refreshing!

Ohohoh!!! Look at this baby! You have only 8 minutes for it! Oh, and let me remind you I care a lot about whether my food/desserts is moist or not. I give this soufflé 5 stars! The cheesy smell was just so incredible and it was super moist, soft and cute. It was amazingly great!
Here is my appetizer. Well...it was actually a lot of food for appetizer, but it was nothing compare to this lady's appetizer.

A whole place of pasta! That's what Vinci ordered and finished completely!This IS appetizer? Let Yvette show you what is appetizer should be like.

This escargot+gnocchi was Yvette's appetizer!
Second Course:

Please don't be like us that we all ordered the same entrée:black cod. It's all because the waiter keep recommending it and claimed that the chef there invented this dish 25 years ago. Well, it was quite delicious. The potato was thinly sliced and wrapped around the black cod for deep fry. It was served on a bed of cabbage and mayo with specially made red wine sauce served in front of you. Although it was really good, but it kept reminding me of McDonald's filet-O-fish, which I also love. I feel so sorry to the chef...
NOW!!! It's time for dessert again.
Third Course: (Dessert)

As a souffleholic, I ordered chocolate soufflé as my dessert. If you want fresh cream, waiters will serve soufflé first and dig a hole at the center of it and put the cream in the hole. It is also served with vanilla ice cream made with real vanilla beans!!! It was so good that the soufflé became my center of the universe! It would be perfect if there were more ice cream or perhaps the soufflé was just a bit too big. I found it pretty challenging to finish it all BUT I still did. Again, really mosit and yummy.
Yvette ordered rum baba! The alcohol taste was good,but I have to say that this is for adults!However, it was pretty moist (haha).But if you could make rum baba dry, I think you should fire the pastry chef immediately.

Vinci's order.I think it tasted kind of like snow ball.

Finally, the meal ends with the cookies tray. I loved it! It feels like a bonus treat after your dessert.

Also read Yvette's Blog:
http://ladybadheartsnyceatery.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/le-cirque/


See Bigger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message