Pages

2011年7月1日 星期五

起司與酒的晚餐 Dinner at Caseus

Address: 93 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06510-1236
http://caseusnewhaven.com/

Dinning out again!!! Kate and I have been talking about having dinner here before she move out from New Haven, and here we go! It turned out that seven of us were there.


This is my second visit to Caseus, and I remembered that I had a great experience last time. This is a cheese place, so you have to try their cheese board and order some wine to go with it. I personally hope we can choose what cheeses we want to be on the board, but they do the job for you here. However, I usually end up liking 3 out of 4 cheeses and that's fine with me. They usually give you 4 cheeses and from milder to bolder tastes with some house made bread and crackers. (See picture above.)
Along with the cheese board, we decided to order "Poutine" to share. I first tried poutine in Montreal, Canada. It is actually just fries with gravy and cheese curds (my favorite part!). I am not super crazy about poutine is that the gravy on top kind of makes the fries soggy, which is not what I like for my fries. But the cheese curd on top was delicious!

I normally don't drink much when I dine out, but here, I always order wine. Today I had "Moules Frites" as my entrée, and I am very satisfied with the portion! 
A huge bowl with LOTS of mussels!! It was full of herbaceous, garlicky seafood deliciousness. Usually this comes with fries, but since we were sharing poutine as appetizer, I switched to sautéed/broiled vegetable instead. It was light and full of flavors!

Here is another popular entrée, Mac 'n Cheese. Three out of seven of us ordered this. It was definitely rich! (but may be too much to try to finish in one meal...which makes a great next day lunch/snack.)

RCSIII ordered their sausage de jour, a "rabbit sausage". I always want to try rabbit meat, but I have to say, when you make that into sausage, it tasted just like a normal sausages. It was still fatty and there's no way I could tell they used rabbit meat in it.
This is one of the smaller plates, however, RCSIII clamed that it was enough food for him.

The other two people at the table ordered grilled cheese sandwich and their wild fist of the day dish, which turned out to be shrimp. I have only tried their grilled cheese sandwich from their cheese truck that part at the Wooster square farmer's market, and it was very cheesy!!! (Recommend!) The wild fish of the day dish was shrimp with grits with pork belly and a duck egg. According to the eater Steve, it was delicious (pork belly & was a key word here). (btw, I keep typing pork berry instead pork belly for so many times...I have no idea why)

In the end, no one really wanted to order dessert except RCSIII, who clams that one sausage was enough for his dinner. Since I am always up for dessert (so as Steve), we ordered their Peach cheesecake. It was pretty good! I could really taste fresh peach in it and not overly sugary.
Over all, I really like this place. It is a little bit on the pricer side but is still a pretty relaxing dining environment. If you are in New Haven, you should definitely check this place out.



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message