Pages

2011年7月7日 星期四

Lunch at Xi'an Famous Food 西安名吃

Address:http://www.xianfoods.com/locations.php
http://www.xianfoods.com/

Today is the day to get my hair cut!!! And of course it is a good excuse to come to NYC. I had many food spots in mind that I really want to go for a visit. Since I arrived around lunch time, what's more important than fulfill my stomach! (Actually I visited "Two little red hens" and "Buttercup bake shop" already and have 6 cupcakes with me at this point of my NYC day.)


I remember this place at Flushing during my first visit and today I am going to visit the east village store. This "Lian'Pi" cold noodle has become more famous among Americans after Anthony Bordain ate it and liked it on his show, No Reservation. For me, since it's a type of cold noodle, it makes it a great summer meal. Besides that, it is also spicy (although still not spicy enough for me...), which make is ten thousand times better than many other things.

I ordered "Lian'Pi" -- extra spicy.
It was so delicious, although not very spicy!!! The noodle was cold, chewy, peppery, spicy, and very fresh from the cucumbers, bean sprouts. The tofu you see in the picture was superb. It's firm and layered so that it can absorb a lot of the yummy spicy sauce.

When I was half way done, I decided to try something else. This is the Lamb Offal Soup. It's not spicy at all (for me). The broth was lighter than I thought, but still very flavorful. However, it was kind of lamby (if you know what I mean), which means that you probably should like lamb in order to enjoy this soup. And I have no problem with that. I fell in love with Lamb after visiting Beijing long time ago!!!    


There are a lot of other dishes, such as "Lamb face salad" & "Lamb Leg Salad" that I am still very interested in trying. I think even if I ended up eating my meals somewhere else during my next NYC visit, I'll still out take some of the dishes from here and try it next day at home with poor RCSIII, who is not very good at eating spicy food.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message