Pages

2012年10月12日 星期五

[秋天甜點] Hommade Pumpkin Scone 手做南瓜司康


Pumpkin Oat Scone 南瓜燕麥司康


--------------------------------------------
My dear friend KB complained to me that she coldn't understand my blogs anymore since I started to post in Chinese. Well...I'm sorry KB, so I wrote some more English this time as well as the recipes are also in English!
--------------------------------------------

最近New Haven 突然變得好冷噢!這種季節最適合一杯熱茶&南瓜點心了。


前兩天自己成功駕車開到 Stop&Shop 真是太興奮!為了慶祝,立馬下車衝去買了一袋白砂糖來慶祝一番。因為 zip car 預約的時間快要到了,所以沒有時間慢慢逛。不過因為家裡糖沒了,都不能烤甜甜嘴的點心很煩,所以即使很趕也要買一下。

我通常星期天的時候都會準備一下下週早餐要吃什麼,最近家裡很多南瓜泥,所以決定做早餐司康。因為是要一大早就吃,所以特地找到一個無糖食譜改良(但是我最後還是做了肉桂糖霜並將司康整的沾滿糖霜。不過即使這樣也沒有用到太多糖。)

為了揉麵團,還出動了之前買的麵團板耶!真是沒有浪費錢!

以下是我已經改良的食譜,有一些是因為家裡沒有所以用其他東西代替:
Originally from : http://allrecipe.com

Makes 12~16 scones:
For the scone:
1. all purpose - 2 cups
2. old-fashioned rolled oats - 1 cup
3. baking powder - 1 Tbsp
4. salt - 1/2 tsp
5. ground cinnamon - 2 tsp
6. ground ginger - 1 tsp
7. cold butter - 6 Tbsp
8. pumpkin puree - 3/4 cup
9. soy milk or milk - 2 Tbsp
10. egg - 1
11. vanilla extract - 1/2 Tbsp

For the glaze:
1. confectioners' sugar - 3/4 cup
2. soy milk pr milk - 2 Tbsp
3. ground ginger - 1 pinch
4. ground cinnamon - to taste ( I added quite a bit!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Mix well all the dry ingredients together (item 1-6).
3. Cut the cold butter into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients. Use 2 forks to  work with your mixture until it resembles crumbs the size of peas.
4. Mix well all the wet ingredients (item 8-11) in another bowl.
5. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just blend.
6. Divide dough into 2 sections on a floured surface. Each part need to be kneaded about 10 times and then flattened to 1/2-inch thick like you see in the picture. Leave about 2 inches between them. Cut into 6th-8th with a butter knife, but do not separate the wedges,
7. Bake about 12-15 minutes or until the edges just turn golden.
8. Cool the scone and make the glaze
   -- Mix all ingredients together and add more milk in necessary.
   -- Dip the cooled scone in the glaze and let it cool. The glaze will harden as it cools completely. 

The reason I like this scone is that this is really much healthier the other scones that you will find in grocery stores or coffee shops. This is easy to pack and I can enjoy them in my office easily. This makes me feel so healthy and I eat 3 at a time as my breakfast portion, and 1 scone will be my afternoon tea time portion!

There are many things that I am a little bit freaking out about recently, but I hope they will all turn out okay. That's keep my fingers crossed!



沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message