Pages

2012年5月6日 星期日

Brunch at Green Eggs Cafe at Philly

Address: 212 S. 13th St (@ Locust), Philadelphia PA
Website: http://greeneggscafe.com

What a beautiful Day!!! If you read my previous post about my weekend getaway trip to Philly, you will know that I adore this place and will dedicate a post for it since there are so much to say about it!


First of all, again, I think you can call ahead to shorten the waiting time and they won't seat you until everyone at your party arrived. We waited for about 40 mins, but with a nice weather and friends, it wasn't a bit problem.
 

You can find their regular menu here with price for each items (I like it when restaurants do that!)!

In addition to the regular menu, they also have some nice special creations. This was what we got that day:

We took a while to decide, but ordered drinks right away. Their regular coffee was pretty good and much stronger than I thought, which was a good thing, I suppose.

There were 6 of us and we ordered 5 different dishes since Kate and Laura ordered the same thing.

I ordered Shrimp & Grits Benedict  – $12
Gulf shrimp, stone ground grits with aged cheddar and toast points topped with two poached eggs and Vermont cheddar sauce with signature potatoes (has onions and peppers in it) on the side

Look at the layers!!! Since this was my food, so I took a little bit more time taking pictures (but still try to finish it asap so that I can enjoy the food while it's still hot!).
You can see the cheesy grits (oh yeah! This was REALLY GOOD!), shrimp, egg and the sauce. It was a very comforting dish. I actually counted that there were only 4 shrimps there (am I too greedy if I say I want more?).

Both eggs were done just right! Altogether with the cheesy grits, this was a great Benedict creation!

Alissa ordered Lox & Bagel  – $10
Served traditionally, with Philadelphia cream cheese, cucumber, tomato, red onions and capers with a choice of bagel (and she choose everything bagel today).
The only thing I tried from the plate was the cucumber! And it was very strange to me to find out after I put it in my mouth that it was pickled! Why???

One of our new friends (I don't know exactly how to spell her name) ordered Veggie Benedict  – $9
Portobello mushrooms, sauteed spinach and roasted peppers on toasted brioche rounds topped with two poached eggs and a rich hollandaise sauce.
I did not try this dish but our new friend finished it (even the potato)!

Another new friend ordered Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler French Toast - $?
OMG OMG OMG!!!! It was so huge and it looked so delicious (although intense). I really really wanted to try a bit, but again, was too shy to bug the new friend that I just met. It was my favorite type of bread for French toast, thick and soft! It just looked like Sabrina's French toast. Is this a Philly thing or what?

Kate and Laura ordered The “Kitchen Sink”  – $10
Three eggs scrambled with cheese, our signature potatoes, peppers, and onions, topped with homemade jumbo biscuit and country style pork sausage gravy in a cast-iron skillet.

It was a lot of food under that gravy. I set next to Laura and after she's full, I just started to dig out all the peppers. I also tried a bit of the biscuit (there were two of them) and gravy, it was rich. I have to say that even a big eater like me might not be able to finish this dish since it's so rich.

Overall, great place with great food. Definitely a popular brunch spot!!! Will try to come back here again if I ever come back to Philly again! (I will get something sweet next time!)

View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message