Pages

2011年11月23日 星期三

New Haven Restaurant Week 2011 Fall -- Dinner at Zinc

Address: 964 Chapel Street New Haven CT 06510
Website: http://zincfood.com/

This is the 3rd stop of my restaurant week journey! I came with RCSIII and it was his 1st time here (my second). It was still one of the best restaurant in New Haven.


Their complimentary warm pita bread with a red pepper sauce. It was good!
Then, we also ordered the cheese board (please see the 1st picture). It has some local honey with Great Hill Blue Cheese, Grafton Cheddar, Toasted Raisin Walnut Bread and prunes. That was so delicious!!! (especially paired with the 2 glasses of cab we ordered.)   
RCSIII's appetizer: Butternut squash soup! (it's good! and it was much lighter than we thought it would be.)
I ordered Perline Mozzarella/ Radicchio + Pepita Pesto/Hot Cherry Pepper-Green Beans. It was DELICIOUS!!! And the mozzarella was so fresh! (and there was a lot of it!)

RCSIII ordered "Roasted Pork Loin/ Horseradish Gremolata/Apple Cider Butter Sauce/Cannellini Beans + Shaved Brussels Sprouts" for his main course.
And I ordered "Pan Seared Scottish Salmon/ Preserved Lemon + Thyme Jam/Local Late Fall Succotash with Giant Peruvian Lima Beans"
The 2 dished were both good as you can see:
At this point, we were already so stuffed. But we just had to have our desserts.

RCSIII ordered "Slow Poached Seckle Pear/Smoked Maple Syrup + Vanilla Gelato"
I ordered "Crème Caramel/ Fennel Pollen".
They both were delicious, but mine was a little better!
Bottom line, I will come back here again! And they have sheep cheese that I'm dying to try. (So I'll be back!)



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message