Pages

2011年12月16日 星期五

French Macaron at Ladurée

Address: 864 Madison Avenue  New York, NY 10021
Website: http://www.laduree.fr/

I absolutely adore French Macarons and finally got a chance to visit this place now. Ladurée is an old French pastry shop and it is almost 150 years now. And Finally opened a NYC location not too long ago.


I was lucky that there weren't too many people in line when I visited. The store is cute with elegant French style decorations. There were only 12 flavors available when  I visited.

After browsing their gift box options for a while, I chose this black one with a chandelier in white on it to be my 1st  Ladurée box. (Although I really don't think those gift boxes are something useful, but definitely cute and worth collecting!)
Oh! Isn't it elegant! Let's see what's in it!

(left--top to bottom) Raspberry, Rose butter cream, chocolate, caramel; (right--top to bottom) Citron, Passion Fruit, Coffee, Pistochio
Overall -- All of Ladurée's French macarons had really nice texture. The surfaces of the macarons were smooth and the outer shell was slightly crunchy with still gooey center. They gave you fair amount of filling so that you know what you are biting into.
  
Pistachio -- The texture was great! However, I do wish that the pistachio flavor can be a bit stronger. 
Coffee --  LOVE IT!!! Oh yeah, the coffee was definitely there! I absolutely love this one!

Rose Buttercream -- OMG! Big surprise! I have tried many rose flavored dessert, teas, but all disappointed me. I thought I will not like this at all. But it was sooo good! The rosewater wasn't over powering and the the buttercream was so rich. I think I can eat a dozen of it.

  
Caramel -- I like it except the filling. As you can see, it was full of caramel and I am not a big caramel fan. (And why did I order this?) But I am no doubt that if you are a caramel fan, you'll like this one. Also it's one of the sweeter ones I've tried among them.

Chocolate -- Again, a bit too sweet for me. But I have seen/heard many people recommend this one. I guess I'm just very picky with chocolate. I really only just live dark chocolate. (prefer 75% ~90%)

Citron -- The flavor wasn't that memorable, but I remember I liked the filling. It was just slightly sour.

Passion Fruit -- It's quiet similar to Citron but a bit sweeter.

Raspberry -- I think among fruity flavors I got, this was my favorite. However, I'm not sure how much I love fruity French Macarons. Perhaps I need to give them a second chance to be a fair judge.

Each of these cutie cost $2.70. It is expensive (even compare to many other French Macaron places), but they claim that all the Maracons were shipped from Paris. I guess we are paying for part of their plain tickets as well. But anyway...to have a Nicolicious life, the food budget can be sky high! (I certainly hope so...)


View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message