Pages

2011年10月13日 星期四

Lunch at 潮桂 鐵板燒 Tepenyaki (hibashi) Tasting Menu--Taipei

Address:台北市敦化南路一段200號(忠孝東路口, Taipei, TAIWAN)
Website:http://www.parentsrestaurant.com.tw/cate.html

I've never had hibashi/tepenyaki dining experience in the US, but according to my friends, the chef just had to interact with the dinners. I am not sure I will enjoy that. However, when you go to such restaurant in Taiwan, you never have to worry about that. Chef only prepares your food and asked you about how do you like to done or any additional seasoning. Other than that, you can still talk to your friends.


In this restaurant, my mom and I had our appetizers, soups, and main courses at the tepenyaki grill table and dessert, coffee and fruits in a seperate dining area.

Steamed egg with fisg eggs. (There are more oden-like stuff in the egg,)
The lobster that I ordered!
My clam + pork soup.
Unlimited garlic butter bread.
Mom's baked abalone with cheese.
Chef was plating.
Mom's cod.
My mom encouraged me to order a whole lobster. It wasn't huge, but surely meaty enough. She was so convinced that grad students cannot afford lobster all the time. (pretty true)
I had it done just with butter, sea salt and pepper. You can also make other requist directly to the chef, like with melted cheese on top (a popular option here).
Also, my chicken steak wth garlic!! My all time favorite when it comes to hibashi grill (tepenyaki).
It was different than what I'm used to, which usually have some sauce incorporated with the chicken. But this one, you can taste the crispy chicken skin and it was delicious.
Mom's sirloin steak. Very tender, and the serving wasn't too much since we both ordered "Land +Sea" Combo.

Besides these pictures, there were also 2 different kinds of vegetable served. Bean sprouts and cabbage!!! The classis tepenyaki vege choices.


Then, we moved to the coffee area, and fruit and coffee were served pretty quickly.

This "dorayaki" looking thing was very delicious. It's like a pancake with azuki (Japanese red bean paste) filling. It took a while since the chef was using the grill to make the pancake part.


Overall, it was very delicious. It was one of the more expensive tenpenyaki place I've been too. So, come with Mom and Dad if you are still looking for a real job like me.



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message