Pages

2011年10月29日 星期六

Dinner at The Daily Catch -- Boston

Address:323 Hanover St (between Lathrop Pl & Prince St), Boston, MA 02113
Neighborhood: North End
Website: http://www.dailycatch.com

This is a super late post when Rob and I went to Boston in late August. I just wanted to mark this place down since it was a place really worth to check out!

The space was very limited with a visible small kitchen. You can see exactly what's going on with the food preparation. It was fun to watch the chef and guess whether he was cooking our order or not. By the way, the wines here served in clear plastic cups. Perhaps not the best place for a super romantic date night. But awesome for a relaxing dinner with some simply great food.

If you love seafood, especially raw shellfish, you should definitely order this cherry stone clams.They super AWESOME!!! and only $8.00. I think I can finish 5 orders on my own, but had to save my stomach for more stuff.

The complimentary bread was pretty okay-looking. RCSIII and I both did not touch it. (Didn't think it was worth eating compare to what we are going to have).
Every table there at least have one order of fried calamari, so we went for it as well. I remember the price was sweet and it was super fresh!!! MUCH MUCH better than what we can get at those bars in New Haven.
We just had a small order of it, but as you can see, the portion was large.
The menu board was handwritten and was a little bit hard to read, but you can always ask your server if you have any questions.

RCSIII ordered the clam pasta with white sauce. It was SUPER! Fresh and felt light! (well..you never know...it may still be fatty.)
I ordered their squid ink homemade pasta (just really want to eat some real hand made pasta) with scallops (AWW...another my personal favorite!)

The pasta was very nice! And the portion is large as in most restaurants. The sauce is olive puree based and it is very rish and much heavier that what RCSIII ordered. Even so, it was still delicious.
There were a lot of large sea scallop in it, and that was really satisfying.

We left with 2 super full tummies and head to Mike's Pastry for cannoli, which was super yummy, BUT way too huge...BTW, I couldn't help but wanted to try their cupcake. So I got a red velvet cupcake and it was pretty good. I am actually surprised that they have above average cupcake since it's an Italian pastry shop.

If you ever stopped by Boston and the line for The Daily Catch is just okay, you should consider check this place out! and FYI, Mike's pastry's lines is NEVER going to be short, but they move very quickly. (However, a friend of mine who grew up at Boston AND he is from an Italian family told me that "Modern Pastry" actually better. I guess I'll have to go back again.)



View Larger Map

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Message